CBCA Code of Ethics
Our Code of Ethics establishes a standard of acceptable behavior for Color Bulldog Club of America (CBCA) members. The code is designed to protect the integrity of the club and to protect and enhance our breed of color.
- As a member of the CBCA, I will abide by the By-Laws of the CBCA and the rules of the AKC and/or ABKC.
- As a member of the CBCA, I will maintain the best possible standards of canine health, cleanliness and care.
- As a member of the CBCA, I will keep accurate breeding records, registration papers and pedigrees and shall never falsify any said document.
- As a member of the CBCA, I will furnish accurate records to each buyer of all vaccinations & wormings, pedigree, and AKC and/or ABKC registration or transfer documents (unless written agreement is made at time of sale that documents will be withheld).
- As a member of the CBCA, I will have all services and sales agreements, mutually agreed upon, stated in writing, and signed by all parties involved. Contracts covering the sale of intact male dogs should include language prohibiting the sale of the dog’s frozen semen at auction by the buyer of the dog.
- As a member of the CBCA, I will conduct all advertising (inclusive of DNA results) in an honest manner that will not, in any way, misrepresent, defraud, or mislead.
- As a member of the CBCA, I will offer only dogs for stud (or bitches for breeding) that are in good health and free from communicable diseases and disqualifying genetic faults. I will not breed to bitches unless they are registered with AKC or ABKC or a registry recognized by AKC/ABKC, nor offer at stud a dog that is not registered with AKC/ABKC or a registry recognized by AKC/ABKC.
- As a member of the CBCA, I agree that I will not breed any stud dog to any bitch whose owner is directly involved with any puppy broker, puppy mill, litter lot sales or any other commercial enterprise whose business is involved in like activities.
- As a member of the CBCA, I will breed a bitch only with the intent that this particular breeding will improve the breed.
- As a member of the CBCA, I will not sell a Bulldog to any commercial facility, puppy brokers, pet shop, puppy mill or agent thereof.
- As a member of the CBCA, I will conduct myself at all times in such a way as to reflect credit on the sport of purebred dog showing in general and Bulldogs in particular.
- As a member of the CBCA, I will not malign my competition by making false or misleading statements regarding my competitors’ dogs, breeding practices or person/breeder.